Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A musical weekend and the smell of nostalgia...

Friday night: I went to a sort of guest singing revival at the church I'm going to now, they are not country like Holyground is. Its a little more like Folk Rock/ska which is a nice change, Country isn't really my favorite, although I do like some old school country and rockabilly. At the revival there was a guy nicknamed "Black Elvis", he hears God in mainstream and classic pop/rock. Writes down the lyrics he hears, in his heart. He is sort of like the Black Weird Al of Gospel, except he does not make fun of songs. Some of my church family from Holyground came, I had a great time. The one thing I had not seen in a while was the laughter induced by the holy spirit, the laughter that I expirienced at youth camp. The night was full of love.

Sunday Afternoon/Evening: I had my first recital, its was at a mormon church. That smelled like First Assembly, I miss scurrying the halls of MFAG(So thats why they only used "A.G." *LOL*), staying there all day helping, hanging out with friends before choir. *back to it* I kind of, sort of got lost in the Mormon church, I said quote: "Perhaps its the smell of nastalgia thats got me confused?". When I performed, my pulse went up about 4 times as I was singing, everybody said I was good but I don't know if I truly was. I got to meet my grandpa's new wife and I ate too much and than went to church at my current one not the mormon church, despite how bad I was feeling(headache etc), I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment